Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mad Woman in the Attic?

My mother and I were in what we call " A Throwing Away Mood" today. Therefore we decided to tackle the attic and all of the pure, unadulterated, unexplainable, useless junk that it holds/ held. 

This is what we pulled down from said attic:

I had no idea that there was this much stuff in our attic. I expected to find that crazy lady that Rochester hid in the attic in Jane Erye or a Jumangi game board at any moment.

As I looked over the piles and piles of stuff that Mother and I had to now sort through, I decided to not really contemplate the fact that I probably had no less than ten brown recluses crawling all over me, or the fact that it was going to take a few hours to properly go through everything. 

Instead, I decided to go to my "happy place" :


This is my happy place. 


My mother and I found this among the rubble. It is a doll house that someone made for me when I was younger. However, now it resembles something leftover after a hurricane. Hmmm... Hurricane Barbie maybe?


One good thing did come from the hours I spent helping my mother go through the fifty years of crap she had shoved into our attic; I found plenty of dishes, glasses, and silverware for college. Aren't they pretty and speckled! :)


Grace



1 comment:

  1. hello, gracie- i just want to know i am in love with you and have been for a very long time. i am so afraid to tell you to your face, not knowig how you would feel. just please, beautiful, give me a chance
    with love,
    your secret admirer.

    ReplyDelete