Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to survive a tornado all alone

Yesterday Union University once more had some severe weather. I was lucky enough to be outside studying when the sirens went off. 

Here is an awful video I took (I take photos not videos, okay?). Feel free to NOT watch it but at least play it so that you can hear the creepy sirens and rain while you read this post. 



As I have mentioned in a previous Post, Union is serious about tornado weather. So when things started heating up I packed up my books and headed to the bathroom of my apartment. 



My roommates were sprinkled all over campus at their various classes so I figured I would grab their laptops. If the apartment got demolished they might at least want their laptops so they don't have to redo their papers for classes. At least that was my thought process at the time. Who needs underwear, anyway?


I, of course, brought my laptop as well. See how the screen is tilted forward? It is because it is tired and hates its owner. It constantly tells me it is too full of photos and sick of all the nonsense I do on it. The screen is even going black occasionally now in rebellion against me.

I told it to be nice to me or it would end up like Henry VIII's wife.


I also brewed a pot of coffee before I dashed into the bathroom.

I can't be expected to survive a tornado without being well caffeinated. 

See that Iphone sitting on top of the history book? Yea it freaks out during natural disasters and decides that I don't deserve the right to talk to anyone. Its cruel and unusual punishment, people. Someone call ATT for me. 


The storm did finally pass though — they always do. Talk about a silver lining!

1 God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
   and the mountains quake with their surging.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Psalms 46:1-3, 7




Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment