Monday, January 10, 2011

A Rude Awakening and Mexican Food

I was dreaming for Mexican food when a highly annoying ringing intruded into my fantasy.

I woke up an realized the highly annoying ringing noise was not a dream... it was a part of real life.

So what did I do? Well, naturally, I crawled out of bed and began examining the ancient-looking alarm clock sitting on the desk of my temporary bedroom.

Then I realized the noise was not, in fact, coming from the alarm clock. 

It was coming from a carbon monoxide alarm in the hallway outside my bedroom.

My first reaction was just to take the batteries out of the alarm and go back to sleep

Margie called 911 who in return sent a fire truck.


This is a awful picture, I know. But if you squint and turn your head to the right you can tell that these are the lights of a fire truck pulling up to our house at 5 in the morning. 


An equally awful picture of the fireman walking all around the house with little detectors trying to determine what had set off the alarm. 


Margie speaking with a fireman about the alarm that is still making a awful noise. 


See the hand in the hair in the background? It is a fireman holding up his detector-thingy near where the heat and air comes out.... he was trying to be very sure that there was, indeed, no carbon monoxide leaking into the house.


The firemen are determining that the alarm is just faulty and scared the devil out of myself and Margie for nothing. 

I was not able to return to sleep. 
However, I did google facts on carbon monoxide poisoning once I got to work today. 

Here is a link I found in case you want to get up to speed on your carbon monoxide facts.


The firemen kept asking how we felt.... all I have to ask: is that really a fair question considering I had to wake up and get dressed and wait for them to show up and say nothing was wrong? 


I told them I felt fine.... it was the proper and polite southern belle thing to do.

Grace- tired intern for the Baptist New Mexican


No comments:

Post a Comment